Tuesday 16 March 2010

Casa Brindisa

JD and I met up with my bro and his wife for a nice spot of Sunday lunch at Casa Brindisa in posh South Ken this weekend.
Patatas bravas - OK but nothing special.

Ham and chicken croquettes - nice crunchy balls with creamy goodness inside.

My glass of Ribera del Duero served in a tumbler - you don't get much for 7 squid!

Generous plate of regional charcuterie 

Pan con tomate

Red pepper and chorizo tortilla - a pity it was served cold.

Octopus - my favourite dish of the afternoon, as well as a skate dish which unfortunately, I did not take a pic of :(

Sweet potato salad

Grilled lamb cutlets

I was the only one who decided to order desserts - crema catalana with pineapple. Nice but would have preferred it to be a little firmer.

All in all, the food wasn't bad but I always have a hard time going to tapas in London because it is so expensive for what you actually get!! If you are happy enough to fork out around 30-40 squid upwards for tapas, then the best place to go in town for me is still Barrafina. Buen provecho :)

No comments: