Monday 29 August 2011

Bank Holiday Monday lunch - Feng Sushi

OK - take 2 for this entry.......having logged into Blogger, there was a pop-up suggesting that I should try their spanking new interface so I thought, why not? After laboriously typing in this entry plus doing the usual photo editing, I was then met with a great big error message and on return to my blog entries, found that my latest musings HAD NOT BEEN SAVED!!! (cue mini rant on Twitter - I mean, seriously, whats the point in asking ppl to use smthg that crashes??)

Needless to say I am back using the old and hopefully, more reliable interface so let's see if I can remember what I wrote in the first place......

After a bit of a hectic week at work (including pitching in at the weekend as a favour to my boss), I had Bank Holiday Monday off before heading back to the grindstone the following day. Needless to say, the day began with a much needed ly-in, followed by a meander up to High St Ken to pick up a few bits and bobs. Since we were already in the area, JD and I decided to head to Feng Sushi for a spot of lunch. I had forgotten how titchy the resto was but we managed to squeeze ourselves into one of the tables in the corner.

The food was OK but we were a little disappointed to find some of the stuff on the menu had already sold out  (namely, yuzu infused lemonade and a special scallop maki) even though it was only around 2 in the afternoon? The highlight of the meal was the sushi, less so for the hot dishes - oh wellos.
 
Some pretty good spicy tuna roll plus soft shell crab roll

 JD's fish tempura plus sweet potato chips - the chips were NOT sweet potato!! I had a bowl of spicy baby cuttlefish udon soup - the cuttlefish was NOT baby!! (notice a pattern here??)

No comments: