Thursday 3 November 2011

Baking experiment - Pear tart

Recently, I've been on the lookout for an alternative pear tart recipe to the Tarte Bourdaloue which we were taught at school. I came across this one which is taken from a book that caught my eye in the library, "Tarte Tatin" by Susan Loomis. The book is part biography, part recipe book and this particular recipe was given to her by a woman who shops for pears at their local market in Louviers. It is pretty straightforward with no need to poach pears, making almond cream, etc. The result was pretty tasty and the use of vanilla sugar made our flat smelt pretty yummy for an evening! :)

I don't think that this tart can replace a Tarte Bourdaloue but its a tasty alternative. Its best served warm since it is custard-based. However, I had a slice cold the following day and it was still pretty good, bon app!

No comments: