Sunday 24 February 2013

Il Santo Bevitore

JD and I are off on a sneaky "field trip" to Italy for a few days starting off in Florence. Finding a resto for dinner on Sunday can be tricky which is why we asked our hotel to ring ahead to see if they could secure us a table at Il Santo Bevitore (we had passed by it on a Saturday evening the last time we were in town and had wanted to eat there but sadly, they were fully booked. Luckily, for us this time we got a table AND they were open on a Sunday, yay!) 

Had a yummy and relaxing dinner - simple food deliciously cooked with friendly and attentive staff, perfect :)
(Its times like this when I wish we could live in Italy, sigh!)
IMG_4050
IMG_4049
IMG_4048
IMG_4042
IMG_4039
IMG_4041
Love the motif on the napkin, the saintly wine glass :)

IMG_4040
IMG_4043
Italian artisanal beer and charcuterie to die for to start :)

IMG_4044
I had ordered pasta with N'duja sausage as a starter. The waiter had warned me that it would be very spicy but I thought I would be OK. The Italians are not renowned for their spicy food so I figured I had nothing to worry about......boy, was I in for a rude awakening - this dish was MEGA-spicy!!!

IMG_4045
In the end, JD kindly swapped his ribollita for my fiery pasta :)

IMG_4046
More mellow main of beef cheeks with mushrooms and polenta 

IMG_4047
Deconstructed Mont Blanc for dessert
  

No comments: