Sunday 5 May 2013

Damson Diner

IMG_4244


JD and I found ourselves in town on a Sunday afternoon of a bank holiday so decided to pop into Damson Diner (had heard good things through a blog I check into from time to time!) for a spot of lunch :)

Despite the resto being around 30% full, the kitchen looked like they were already in the weeds which didn't bode well as they were expecting more customers after us!! The menu available was brunch offerings - surprised to see and hear that they did not offer juices or smoothies (was offered milkshakes instead??!!). I'm imagining its a bit of missed opportunity as I always thought the markups on juices and smoothies were pretty high and easy money to pocket?!

Portions were generous, food and service acceptable - lunch was pleasant enough but I don't think I will be in a rush to return.
IMG_4246
JD's eggs Benedict with on a bed of hash. Looks nice but did not deliver on flavour :(

IMG_4245
My full breakfast - lots to eat and get through but nothing much to savour.....

No comments: