Friday 31 July 2009

Paris gourmet guide







Being on morning shift for the last few days of work turned out to be a blessing in disguise as it meant that I was able to hang out with a friend from HK who had popped over for a quick visit. I really don't know how she copes with her jetsetting lifestyle (HK-London-NYC-London-Glasgow-London-Paris-London-HK), my head hurts just thinking about it.....signs that I am getting old :)

It was really cool seeing her, I can't quite believe that we've known each other for close to 10 years!! Since she had already seen most of the tourist sights before on a previous visit, I decided to show her around some of favourite places for food. Initially, our first port of call was Relais de Venise L'Entrecôte, a steak restaurant that my friend wanted to try cos the "special" steak sauce had been recommended to her. Despite consulting with a hotel concierge before heading there, we arrived to find the restaurant was closed for vacances! After that minor setback, we headed to L'Ardoise for a very yummy lunch. Afterwards, it was onto Jean-Paul Hevin to buy some choccies for her work colleagues (am sorry D!! didn't realise that JPH had shops in HK already!)

Some of the other places we headed to were:
  • Pozzetto: my favourite place in Paris for Italian gelato.  
  • Higuma: not a bad place for ramen.
  • Cuisine de Bar: chic place in the 6th for light lunches of tartines, open sandwiches served on Poilane bread.
  • Bac a Glaces: good place for French ice cream.
  • Lao Lane Xang: awesome and always reliably yummy Laotian food.
  • Les Cocottes: didn't like it the 1st time I went but this time, had a great lunch.
Not bad going for 2.5 days!!
So good seeing and catching up with you D, 香港見!! :)

No comments: