Wednesday 11 May 2011

Blast from the past - tarte Bourdaloue

I have no idea why but every time I feel an urge to bake something, I inevitably turn the tarts chapter in my recipe book from school. It was the first things we learnt to make and I always assume they are therefore the easiest but on reflection, they aren't really. What I do know is that they always look impressive and with the right recipe, taste pretty good too :)

The last time I attempted tarte Bourdaloue was over 2 years ago so it was really a case of dusting off the cobwebs on the ol' grey cells on how to make this one......the most challenging part being remembering how to get that fancy patisserie edge on the tart.

I also remembered at the time, I really wasn't a fan of the creme d'amande in the tart but tasting it again this time around, it really wasn't that bad......maybe chef put in too generous a slug of rum in class? ;)

Anyhoo, overall I was pretty happy with how it turned out - bon app (with a hint of nostalgia)!

No comments: