Sunday 24 July 2011

Banana bread farewell :(

After almost a decade or more in the big smoke, my bro and Jools have finally decided to up sticks and start a new life on the other side of the globe. The last month or so has been a little hectic for them, packing their lives up as well as saying final farewells to folk back home and in haggisland. JD and I managed to spend some time before they headed off.....as I could not think of what to get them as a leaving present (that wouldn't take up too much of their luggage), I decided to head into the kitchen and bake them one last banana bread. They both had a slice before heading to the airport and also armed themselves with some more for the long trip ahead. It was a not an easy goodbye at the airport (I really got to experience first hand how Ma and Pa Chan felt all those years ago) and it will be weird knowing that they are not a phonecall away but I wish them all the best with the new life and once they have settled in, it will be a nice excuse to head over to visit as a hollier!! :)

No comments: