Saturday 2 January 2010

Where has the time gone?

Happy belated New Year to everyone!!
I really can't believe that 2009 is over and we are already well into 2010......also, hard to believe that during the last year, I have:

  • Quit a steady job to re-train as a pastry chef.
  • Lived in Paris for most of the year to hone my craft and train at a great school under some fantastic teachers and made some lovely friends.
  • Completed a 3-month stage at THE top pastry shop in Paris and came out in one piece at the end of it :)
  • Made my first 2 wedding cakes for some very important people in my life - both cakes were greatly appreciated and fairly successful taste and look-wise :)
  • Organised and completed a 10-day stage at THE top French resto in Hong Kong..... the best kitchen experience to date!
  • Received job offers from all the restos I went and trialled in.
  • Found a job before the end of 2009.
  • Survived my first New Years Eve service.....
I never dreamed for one second that a year on, I would have progressed to this stage. I can honestly say that I have not regretted my decision to quit the rat race and for the first time in my life, I feel confident in my job which is a great feeling and can even add my own knowledge at times in the workplace.....a really great feeling!!



I can only hope that everything I have learnt and experienced over the last year will stand me in good stead for 2010 and into the future - thanks to family and friends for your continued support :)

No comments: