Friday 24 February 2012

The Espresso Room

After a crash course in all things coffee and armed with a shiny City & Guilds qualification (yay!), I decided to strike while the iron was hot and start checking out some of the great cafes that the big smoke has to offer. The most obvious place to start was Ben's place, The Espresso Room which is exactly where I headed. The cafe is in a lovely part of town, not the type of place you would stumble upon by accident but a real gem. 

It really is quite literally a room, with most of it taken it up by the coffee machine and counter. There are seats for maybe 4-5 people at the very most and more seating outside. I arrived mid-morning and Ben was manning the fort so got the chance to have a bit of a chinwag which was nice. Being a non-coffee drinker, I was a little indecisive when it came to ordering so was advised to order a flat white which didn't disappoint. I also tried a sip without sugar which tasted pretty good but I was soon back to my old ways of adding sugar to my coffee like your average European :)

I mentioned to my friend Won that I finally made it to The Espresso Room and he advised that I really should've tried their espresso, d'oh! Oh wellos, am just going to have to head back for a return visit - a big thank you to Ben for being a great trainer and for stoking my interest in coffee :) 
Loving the look of the doorstep pastrami pickle sambos that were being put out for lunch :)

No comments: