Friday 24 February 2012

Greensmiths

After my mid-morning coffee at The Espresso Room, I headed south of the river to check out Greensmiths. Its a pretty unique place as it houses a butcher, greengrocer, bakery and wine merchant all under the one roof! Customers can shop there just like they would in a supermarket but buy some pretty impressive produce, e.g. the in-house butcher is the Ginger Pig! One of the girls who was on the barista course with me at LSC, Irene is the manager at Greensmiths so I was keen to pay a visit. The locals living near Lower Marsh are pretty lucky to have such an eclectic store on their doorstep!! Unfortunately, Irene wasn't around when I turned up but if you are in the neighbourhood, do pop in and have a goo :) (Irene also makes a mean coffee as well!!)

No comments: