Saturday 14 April 2012

Pitt Cue Co

Buoyed by our visit to "no-reservations" Meat Liquor, we started feeling cocky and decided to see if we could grab a bite to eat at the other hot table in town, Pitt Cue Co. 

As we walked past, we could see that the place was already packed but I decided to pop my head in anyway and ask if they had a free table. Luckily for us they did (some 2-tops had placed their names down and never bothered coming back) and we got to eat straight away.....on a Saturday afternoon no less! Pitt Cue is absolutely tiny - only around 18 covers in total, the place is so small that we had to share our table with another couple.

The menu is pretty brief - on our visit, there was only a choice of 4 meats on offer which are served with your choice of a side. We both went for pulled pork and I chose grilled hispi cabbage for my side. We also ordered an extra portion of hot wings to try. Pretty tasty BBQ but not sure why we had to wait so long for it - I assumed that all the meat was already pre-prepared and that they weren't BBQ-ing to order?? Also, it would've been nice to have the option to try all the meats on offer like the BBQ Shack in Brighton. Have to say that Pitt Cue has superior BBQ than BBQ Shack; I'm glad I finally had the chance to try their food but the thought of queuing is putting me off a repeat visit so will probably put it off until I get some serious cravings :)

No comments: