Wednesday 22 August 2012

Coppinger Row

Some very close family friends were in Dublin recently for a day trip so I popped into town to catch up with them over a spot of lunch.

I had originally thought of taking them to L'Gueuleton but that walk was a little too long in the freak rain shower when I met them so we settled for a resto closer to our meeting place, Coppinger Row (JD and I had walked past the resto one Saturday evening and it was rammed to the gills with peeps; further research on the net showed some positive reviews so I figured, why not?)

We ordered a few starters to share which were a little hit and miss. I opted for a vegetarian option for my main which was very tasty but a tad on the stodgy side. Prices are reasonable but service is a little patchy. Am sure the atmosphere is prolly great when it gets a bit busier but not sure if I would be rushing back when the basics (ie. food, service) were under par.

A big thank you to "the other Chan clan" for lunch though!! :)

 Mixed mezze platter - generous and overall, pretty good.

Salt cod croquettes - too stodgy in consistency

Garlic and chilli prawns a la plancha - the Irish obsession with gambas continues.....these were pretty poor with flesh sitcking to the shells and the poor prawns were almost incinerated to charcoal!

Main of risotto with artichokes, broad beans and peas - abundant with ingredients but would've preferred a lighter consistency.

No comments: