Saturday 29 May 2010

Restos, c'est finit

So this post may come as a surprise to some but I have decided to quit my job at resto no. 2, one of the main reasons being that I just haven't been able to come to terms with working 16+ hours a day (and working 4 of these babies consecutively even though we have more staff in the team than we have ever had??). Some of the other reasons include:
  • the feeling of firefighting continuously at work and always being on the back foot
  • still not getting any kick out of doing service (if it was a good one)
  • not getting excited by any of the desserts we were making
  • not thinking that I would learn much more if I continued to stay
  • having a pastry chef who frankly wasn't up to par and had negligible team management or people skills
  • missing "baking" and wanting to work more in a shop environment because that's ultimately the environment that I myself might work in
When I did hand in my notice, naturally the "powers that be" weren't all that happy with my decision but I wasn't prepared for what assholes they would be and frankly, their behaviour validated my decision.

Anyhoo, its finished now and I am now off on hols for a week or so to relax for a little before deciding what my next step will be......I have a few things going on so watch this space :)     

No comments: