Wednesday 28 March 2012

Gerbeaud

During a flying visit to Budapest, I was recommended to check out Cafe Gerbeaud, a cake institution if there ever was one (founded in 1858)! The cake salon is situated in a lovely square very near to the pedestrianised shopping street of Váci Utca and feels very other worldly upon entering. I opted for a classic slice of Sachertorte coupled with an equally fattening hot chocolate with cream! Ma Chan went for the more elegant chestnut and blueberry macaron whilst Ba Chan put us both to shame with his order of a fruit smoothie :)

Cakes were delish but my hot chocolate was a little on the sweet side. There was also a very inviting range of goodies which would make great pressies for friends and family. I restrained myself to buying the Gerbeaud book plus a tablette for JD whilst Ma Chan went a bit more all out nabbing Easter eggs, chocs and biccies. A must visit for anyone heading to the Paris of the East! :)
 Buttery and crumbly sablé served with my hot chocolate!

 
I could've bought the whole shop!! Packaging was exquisite, swoon!

Tokaji chocs :)
  Some really purdy eggs :)

No comments: