Friday 2 March 2012

Restaurante Santiaguino

So my policy of not making any reservations for dinner finally backfired on me!!! We were hoping to have dinner at a resto called Àpat and thought if we turned up right at opening time that we would be able to secure a table. Unfortunately, we were told in some rapid fire Spanish that they were "completo" for the night, ie. fully booked which put a dent in our dining plans :( 

Finding ourselves a little stumped for choices, I ventured down to our hotel reception and asked for some recommendations (first time I have ever done this in my life!) - they presented us with 2 options which were within walking distance so we picked one and headed to dinner (me praying that it wasn't going to be a disaster!)

Restaurante Santiaguino is very much a traditonal style resto - complete with seafood and aquarium on display at the front, serving good quality Catalan cuisine. Whilst it wasn't somewhere we would've chosen ourselves, dinner was pretty tasty :)
 Classic example of Mar i Muntanya (sea and land) - almeja clams with artichokes

Escalivada (roasted peppers, onions and aubergines) with anchovies

 My main of lobster rice - pretty good value at 19 yoyos and 50 cent!

No comments: