Wednesday 21 July 2010

Bentley's

JD and I headed out to town at the beginning of this week for a b-day dinner (not me, him!) at Bentley's, a swish seafood restaurant in Piccadilly. There is the choice of 2 dining areas: the more formal Grill in the 1st floor or the more informal Oyster Bar on the ground floor. After much hmm-ing and ahh-ing (I do that A LOT!!), I finally managed to make a booking for the Oyster Bar which actually worked pretty good as we still got to sit at a proper table....turns out the Oyster Bar is actual bar setting plus a few peripheral tables.

The menu was pretty extensive with lots of yummy things to choose as well as a specials board with c.10 dishes to choose from, cue more procrastination!! I finally plumped for Langoustines with mayonaise as a starter, followed by Roast Cod, Chorizo and Potato. The langoustines were really good - fresh and decent size......my only gripe is that I am not a big fan of ice cold seafood (maybe its a Chinese thing?!), which is why you will never see me sampling a shellfish platter any time soon. The roast cod was also delicious and the accompanying chorizo not too salty, the spud slices so good that I could've eaten a few more! JD plumped for Chilli Squid followed by Scallops with Ham Hock Croquettes which he enjoyed also - sadly, no pics!

Soooo....... anything bad to say about Bentley's? The dessert menu was pretty crap - looks like Richard Corrigan doesn't have a pastry chef in the kitchen if the options are anything to go by so we finished our meal with some tea and coffee instead. Bentley's is definitely somewhere to come back and try some of the other dishes on the menu......I was already eyeing up our neighbour's dressed crab for next time!! :)
Cute logo!

No comments: