Friday 23 July 2010

Overdue promise

I have been in desperate need of a haircut and finally decided to go a for tidy now that I am back in employment (more on that later!). I have been going to the same hair salon in Soho for almost 10 years - my longterm stylist moved back to Japan a couple of years ago so I swapped to another stylist who has been with the salon for as long as she had. My "new" stylist has heard all the stories of me changing career, heading to Paris, etc.....the last few times I've had my hair cut, I keep promising that I would make some cakes for him. With my previous job sapping all my energy from me, I have been turning up empty handed the last few days but decided that was to end with my next appointment so I dragged my lazy ass out of bed early to bake a batch of madeleines for him. Nothing very complicated but greatly appreciated by him (and the rest of the staff!!) so was very happy......oh, and I got a nice haircut too :)

There are 3 different pics of said madeleines above cos I have finally plucked up the courage to switch my camera to "Program" mode - my fav is the middle one!

No comments: