Thursday 11 November 2010

Florence revisited - Osteria del Cinghiale Bianco

The last time I visited Florence, my friend and I were having a tough time trying to find a resto that was open on Sunday for a spot of dinner. By chance, we came across Osteria del Cinghiale Bianco and I remembered having some really fab food then.

Thanks to my wondrous navigation skills (well, thanks to Pa Chan's genes!!), we managed to find the resto and tried dinner, after all those years. Lots of tourists and they were doing a brisk trade even at an early 7pm. The food was still good but did not leave as great as impression on me as the first time...

 Mixed cured meats - not a massive fan of the chicken liver pate, I'm afraid. (at least, I ate mine.....JD took one bite and that was i
t)
Tuscan speciality - ribollita, a thick, rich vegetable soup with beans and bread

 Roast suckling pig with roast spuds - very tender meat but it would've been fantastic if the skin had been crispy!!

  Mixed grilled veggies

No comments: