Thursday 18 November 2010

Tasty leftovers - tuna fried rice

I was first introduced to the joys of tuna fried rice by an old flatmate in my undergrad years - I had always thought that fried rice always needed egg but not so. Its been many years since Uni but this recipe (give or take) has always come in handy when one is low on ingredients and looking for something yummy and filling :)

Ideal ingredients are leftover cooked rice, a can of tuna, some sliced spring onions and some of green vegetable which is not too "watery" (I tend to opt for diced courgette, french beans, or peas)
 The ideal condiments - light soy sauce, sesame oil (add with caution), sweet chilli sauce, sriracha sauce. Add according to your own taste preference - if you are new to these sauces, I suggest adding less rather than more initially. Taste your rice along the way and if it is not enough, you can always add more :)



No comments: