Monday 2 July 2012

Greetings from NYC

We have temporarily left the grey and cold of the big smoke for a whirlwind vay-cay in NYC. For no apparent reason, BA (big thank you!) very kindly upgraded us to Premium Economy which was tres nice (bar JD's entertainment system control literally falling out of his arm rest. When I asked the air hostess if she might have a screwdriver, I was greeted with the response, "I'm not an engineer"?!!!!)
View from our cab heading into Manhattan 

After dumping our bags at our hotel, we walked a few blocks north in search of lunch, our first meal in NYC. The weather was seriously hot so started looking for grub around the Rockefeller Center and dropped into nearby Bouchon Bakery. 

We had a sandwich each and I finally got to try the (in)famous TKO. The sandwiches were nice and well made, very good French bread but overall too cold for my liking as they were sitting in fridges (if I ever go back, I would try the soup and grilled cheese sandwich combo which I saw someone else digging into, it looked good!). The TKO was similar to the homemade oreos I make using a modified recipe from Joanne Chang and to be honest, I prefer mine to the great TK himself (ditto for his salt caramel macaron)!! Good to be able to visit Bouchon Bakery but prices are super steep.......30 bucks+ for sandwiches, iced teas and a couple of sweet treats!!! :(

No comments: